Tuesday, 16 July 2013
Thursday, 11 July 2013
Sugar is an important source of energy easily available however, if you consume it in large amount, it increases the risk of obesity and the other ailments such as diabetes and heart disease. Humans are born with a sweet tooth and you probably would not like the fact that consuming refined sugar is dangerous for your health. It has no or zero nutritional value, the more refined and whiter it is, adverse is its effects on your health.
Below are the major reasons why should you regulate intake of refined sugar.
· Sugar suppresses the body’s immune system, and speed up the aging process.
· It decreases human growth hormone and is a like barrier in keeping you young and lean.
· Don’t over-feed your children with sugary stuff as it weakens sightedness.
· It feeds cancer cells and is often linked with the breast, ovaries, prostate, rectum, pancreas, lung, gall bladder, biliary tract, and stomach cancer.
· It causes laziness and diminishes physical activities in young children as well as in adults.
· It intervenes with the absorption of super molecule.
· It also causes food allergies.
· It contributes to polygenic disorder.
· It impairs the structure of deoxyribonucleic acid.
· It causes anxiety disorder.
· Excessive intake of sugar in kids as well as adults cause concentration problem.
· It greatly assists the uncontrolled growth of yeast infections.
· It increases crankiness in children
· It has a direct effect on the blood sugar levels, therefore is associated to diabetes and blood sugar fluctuations.
· Being high in acidic content, it is directly linked to tooth decay and many other dental problems.
Despite of the numerous warnings by health authorities of the effects of sugar, the majority of the population continues consuming it in large amount in some form or the other.
There are lots of other alternatives available to satisfy your sweet tooth. The earth is full of natural sweet options like honey, jaggery, and fruits, they are wonderful alternatives. The sweeteners you can try like stevia or agave nectar. They are both good for baking, sweetening tea and whatever you use sugar for. Nothing is harmful till the time you don’t over consume it. So regulate your sugary intake and stay healthy and fit.